MILWAUKEE (April 27, 2021) — Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) is proud to announce the Milwaukee Board of School Directors’ newly elected members to office for the 2021-2022 Board year. Director Bob Peterson was elected to serve as the Board’s president and Director Sequanna Taylor as the vice president. The vote came Tuesday evening during the annual organizational meeting of the Board.
The Milwaukee Board of School Directors also welcomed four new members. Directors Aisha Carr, District 4; Jilly Gokalgandhi, District 5; Xela Garcia, District 6; and Henry Leonard, District 7. Directors Marva Herndon, Megan O’Halloran, and Erika Siemsen will continue to serve as members.
In an effort to utilize the individual expertise and talents of the members of the Board, several members were appointed as Board Representatives to district and community boards.
- Board’s Representative to the Milwaukee Education Partnership – President Bob Peterson
- Board’s Delegate to the Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB) – Director Sequanna Taylor will continue this role. Directors Aisha Carr and Xela Garcia will serve on the WASB Rules & Policy Committee.
- Board’s Representative to CESA #1 (Cooperative Educational Service Agencies) – Director Marva Herndon
- Board’s Delegate to the MPS Head Start Policy Council – Director Erika Siemsen
- Board’s Liaison to the Title I District Advisory Council – Director Henry Leonard
The Board also approved the tentative calendar
for the Board’s meetings and its Committees for the 2021-22 year.
For more information, call the Office of Board Governance at (414) 475-8284.