|Public Health Madison & Dane County has issued Emergency Order #13. The order goes into effect February 10, at 12:01am and will be in effect for 28 days.When Order #12 was issued on January 11, the seven-day case average was 213, and 71 people were hospitalized with COVID-19. Today, the seven-day case average is 107 and there are 63 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Over 11% of the Dane County population has received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Gathering limits indoors and outdoors increased:
- Gathering inside where food or drink is offered or provided is limited to 25 individuals. A Gathering inside where food or drink is not offered or provided is limited to 50 individuals. Individuals must maintain six feet physical distancing and face coverings are required.
- Gathering outside where food or drink is offered or provided is limited to 100 individuals. A Gathering outside where food or drink is not offered or provided is limited to 150 individuals. Individuals must maintain six feet physical distancing. Face coverings required at gatherings of more than 50 individuals.
Face coverings: Updated types of face coverings allowed, and added additional face covering requirements for outdoor locations:
- Face coverings required outdoors while participating in a sporting event, including drills, practices, scrimmages, games or competitions, unless the sport is played individually, or played with physical distancing at all times.
- Face coverings required outdoors while attending a gathering of more than fifty (50) individuals.
Sports: Games and competitions are allowed for all sports. In most situations, individuals must wear face coverings.
- Six feet physical distancing is required except when an individual is actively participating in the sport.
- Sports that cannot maintain physical distancing at all times are limited to 25 individuals indoors, and 100 individuals outdoors, not including employees.
- All sports must have a hygiene policy, cleaning policy, and protective measure policy.
- Removal of provision to limit regulated childcare and four-year old kindergarten groups to 15. Indoor youth settings must follow gathering limits.
- Temporary retail stores are able to operate under the same requirements as permanent retail stores.
All actions and activities have risk during this pandemic, and new cases, while down, still indicate high risk. Limiting opportunities for people to be in crowded, confined spaces is an important public health strategy, especially until more of the population is vaccinated.
See a comparison of the previous and the new order by clicking here.
Public Health Madison Dane County sports page with FAQs here.