WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) today released the following statement urging the Biden Administration to release the intelligence community’s report on the origins of COVID-19. The report, which was delivered
to the administration yesterday, is the result of a 90-day investigation that President Biden initiated in May.
“For months, the American people’s questions surrounding the origins of COVID-19 – a virus that upended every single one of our lives – have gone unanswered. Rather than immediately provide the American people with information that could help answer these questions, President Biden instructed the intelligence community to conduct a 90-day investigation into how this pandemic began. The clock on this investigation has now struck zero, which means it’s time for the Biden Administration to make the entirety of this report available to the American people. No delays, no redactions, no excuses. We’ve already wasted 90 days of critical time and we can’t afford to waste a second more.”
Rep. Gallagher has led the charge in investigating the origins of COVID-19. In addition to introducing legislation
that would require the Biden Administration to immediately declassify all the intelligence surrounding the lab-leak hypothesis, he has:
- Demanded answers on whether U.S. taxpayer dollars funded gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology,
- Highlighted how Dr. Fauci is not being forthcoming about the government’s support of gain-of-function research in Wuhan,
- Called on U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin to release information regarding a cluster of illnesses associated with the October 2019 World Military Games in Wuhan,
- Introduced legislation to sanction CCP officials and scientists for lack of COVID-19 transparency,
- Testified before the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis about the origins of COVID-19,
- Outlined Democrats lack of urgency to hold the CCP accountable for its coverup, and
- Explained why understanding the origins of COVID-19 should matter to all Americans.