Contact: James Langnes
JANESVILLE, WISCONSIN— Congressman Bryan Steil is seeking nominations for Wisconsin’s First Congressional District’s Veteran of the Year Award. The Veteran of the Year Award is an opportunity for a veteran to be honored for his or her service and contributions in the First District.
“The Veteran of the Year Award recognizes the work of veterans who have served our country and who continue to serve our community. It is an opportunity to honor the service and commitment of an unsung hero in Southeast Wisconsin. We ask for your help in finding those veterans who continue to selflessly devote themselves to others. If you know of a veteran in our community who deserves recognition, we want to hear from you,” said Congressman Bryan Steil.
Nominations can be submitted online at https://steil.house.gov/2021-veteran-year-award-nomination.
- Must be a veteran of one of the five Armed Forces of the United States, including Reserve or National Guard, or United States Merchant Marines.
- Nominated Veterans must live within the First Congressional District, which encompasses Kenosha County, Racine County, Walworth County, and portions of Rock, Waukesha, and Milwaukee Counties.
- Must be able to supply a DD-214.
The recipient of the Veteran of the Year Award will be selected based on:
- SERVICE: Demonstrate a commitment to service in their community. This could be through advocacy, community projects, an act of heroism, or other actions.
- EXCELLENCE: Provide an example of how this veteran exudes a spirit of excellence.
- DEDICATION: Have a dedication to supporting their fellow veterans and building bridges between veterans and our greater Southeast Wisconsin community.
If you have questions, please contact our Janesville office at 608-752-4050.