Contact: email@example.com 202-224-6225
WASHINGTON, D.C. – TODAY, Thursday, April 29 at 10:00AM (ET)/9:00AM (CT), U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) will hold her first hearing as Chair of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies.
The hearing is titled “Diversifying On-Farm Income: Opportunities to Strengthen Rural America” and will highlight the challenges and opportunities faced by agriculture producers, and how diversifying their operations can lead to more on-farm income. It will also focus on how producers can access newer and more fair markets. This includes assisting beginning farmers and ranchers, as well as looking at solutions for how producers can be more profitable while also addressing climate change
Senator Baldwin has served on the Senate Appropriations Committee since 2015. In addition to serving on the Senate Appropriations Committee, Senator Baldwin serves on the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP), and the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.
- Mr. Davon Goodwin, Manager, Sandhills AGInnovation Center
- Dr. John A. Lucey, Director, Center for Dairy Research at UW-Madison
- Ms. Rebekah Sweeney, Communications, Education and Policy Director, Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association
- Mr. Jason Weller, President, Truterra by Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Mr. Brian Carroll, Director, Grand Farm Research and Education Initiative
- TODAY, Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:00AM (ET)/9:00AM (CT)
- Dirksen Senate Office Building SD-192, Washington, D.C.
- Available to watch HERE.