WEST BEND, WISCONSIN – TOMORROW, Tuesday, October 12, 2021, U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin will visit and tour Moraine Park Technical College and will participate in a roundtable discussion with students and faculty, the Kettle Moraine YMCA and the West Bend School District.
Senator Baldwin is working to pass budget legislation that would establish Universal Pre-K for 3 and 4 year olds, lower the costs of child care for working families, and make Community or Technical College tuition-free for 2 years.
In April of this year, Baldwin reintroduced her America’s College Promise Act, which would create new federal-state partnerships that provide two years of tuition-free access to community or technical college programs.
Baldwin will be joined for a roundtable discussion by:
- Rob Johnson, Kettle Moraine YMCA, Board Treasurer MPTC
- Mason Higgins, West Bend East student
- Brady Davidson, West Bend West student
- Jacob Gitter, West Bend East technology education teacher
- Craig Siedel, Moraine Park Technical College, Instructor
- Armin Rashvand, Moraine Park Technical College, Associate Dean of Manufacturing
TOMORROW, Tuesday, October 12, 2021
*Members of the media will be required to wear masks and socially distance.
12:45 PM – Roundtable discussion with students and faculty
2:15 PM – Facility Tour
2:35 PM – Media availability
NOTE: Media interested in attending any portion of the visit should email [email protected].