MADISON, Wis. – New name. Same remarkable care.
UW Health is proud to announce that UW Health Kids is the new name for all the pediatric services offered in Madison and beyond.
UW Health Kids is care from infancy to adulthood. It is checkups, vaccinations, bike helmets and car seats. It is specialty care for complex diseases and preventive care for wellness at home, in school and on the playground.
UW Health Kids encompasses pediatric experts who bring specialized care closer to patients’ homes. Physicians specializing in heart care, cancer, dermatology, diabetes, orthopedics, neurology, urology, transplant, allergy and digestive issues and many other specialties are located at clinics and hospitals across Wisconsin and northern Illinois. These specialists are also often available virtually, consulting via video or phone with patients’ families and coordinating across care teams.
UW Health Kids is a vision for the future that represents a huge network of care, according to Nikki Stafford, vice president, chief operating officer, American Family Children’s Hospital.
“We’re bringing 100 years of expert care under one umbrella to simplify health care for the families we care for, better represent the scope of our leadership in kids’ health and pave the way for our next 100 years of specialty care, preventive health and primary care for the kids,” she said.
UW Health Kids includes:
- American Family Children’s Hospital, a world-class 111-bed facility with more than 80 specialty clinics and nearly 300 physicians and surgeons
- 70 care locations including Rockford, Ill., and Green Bay
- 17 locations serving kids primary care needs
- 25 clinic locations for kids who require specialty care
- 41 programs providing specialty care
- A 26-bed Level IV neonatal intensive care unit
- Two urgent care centers
- A Level I pediatric trauma center and verified burn center
- Air and ground critical care transport for children and newborns
- A dedicated pediatric imaging suite that provides low-dose imaging and state-of-the-art hybrid blood draw and X-ray capabilities
- Research ranked 10th in the nation for receiving funding from the National Institutes of Health
- Impactful partnerships with Safe Kids Coalition and the Get on Board with Child Safety Initiative
The hospital will retain the name American Family Children’s Hospital.
Physicians and staff will now include UW Health Kids in their titles, for example, Dr. Jane Smith, pediatric transplant surgeon, UW Health Kids.
Stafford is available for interviews today, and a recorded interview with Stafford and video of pediatric care are available.