WiSys invites UW System student and faculty researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs, as well as the business community, to learn, grow and connect this summer in the WiSys SPARK Symposium Virtual Series.
The 14-event virtual series, stretching from May through August, will:
- Showcase student research and innovative projects.
- Encourage interaction between UW System researchers and industry leaders.
- Bolster researchers’ grantseeking skills.
- Help students explore graduate school and STEM internship opportunities.
- Highlight cutting-edge research taking place across the UW System
“UW System faculty, staff and student researchers persevered, and thrived, during a difficult year,” said WiSys President Arjun Sanga. “We hope you join WiSys for our signature event that will allow us to celebrate, reset and reignite passion for research and innovation in the coming year.”
This is the second year that WiSys’ popular summer symposium—which honors research, innovation and entrepreneurship in the UW System—was redesigned as a virtual series because of the pandemic. WiSys plans to return to an in-person event next summer.
This year’s virtual events, which you can register for at wisys.org/spark, include:
- Wisconsin Big Idea Tournament, May 20
- WiSys Quick Pitch State Final, May 26
- Student Research & Innovation Showcase #1, June 2
- Student Research & Innovation Showcase #2, June 9
- Secure Your STEM Internship, July 21
- Innovation in Mental Health Meetup, July 27
- Faculty Research Showcase, July 28
- Entrepreneurial Mindset for Researchers, July 29
- Innovation in Data Science Meetup, Aug. 3
- Graduate & Professional School Advice, Aug. 4
- Grant Writing for Students, Aug. 5
- Innovation in STEM Education Meetup, Aug. 10
- Student Research & Innovation Showcase #3, Aug. 11
- Faculty Grant Seeking Dialog, Aug. 12