MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the April board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, land items and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, April 13, 2022, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, at the State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 South Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda.
The public is encouraged to watch the April board meeting on the DNR’s YouTube channel.
The deadline to register for remote public appearance requests and to submit written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, April 6, 2022. There will be no in-person public appearances.
During the April meeting, several items the Board will be considering include:
- Recommendations for the FY 2023 Laboratory Certification and Registration Program Fee Adjustment
- Proposed rules affecting chapter NR 10 related to establishing the 2022 migratory bird season framework and regulations
- Proposed rules affecting chapters NR 300, NR 301, NR 305, NR 310, related to administration, procedures and enforcement of the Wetland and Waterway Permit Program
- Statement of Scope for Emergency Board Order WA-17-21(E) and Board Order WA-18-21 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice for WA-18-21 and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 500 and 520 related to disposal of material dredged from the Great Lakes
- Statement of Scope for Board Order FH-16-21 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 20 related to reporting requirements for sport trolling licensees
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.