MADISON – Employers are now able to apply for the latest round of Wisconsin Fast Forward grants from the Department of Workforce Development (DWD). Up to $5 million in funding is available to employers who demonstrate a critical need for skilled workers and are seeking training grants to develop and implement a business-led skills training program.
The Fast Forward Program encourages the development of innovative solutions at the local and regional level to bring together employers, educators, workforce development entities, and economic development organizations to meet area workforce needs and increase the economic capacity of area residents.
“Wisconsin’s historic economic performance combined with demographic trends that have been decades in the making mean many employers are experiencing challenges in finding skilled talent,” DWD Secretary-designee Amy Pechacek said. “The Fast Forward program helps Wisconsin employers provide customized training to fill their open positions. At the same time, it places workers, including trainees, in positions that offer long-term professional growth and economic opportunity.”
Details on who is eligible to apply, application deadlines and award amounts are available in the Grant Program Announcement:
- Eligible applicants include the following:
- Public agencies.
- Private organizations in all industry sectors.
- Coalitions or partnerships of entities under the auspices of a public agency or a private organization.
- Tribal governing bodies of a federally recognized tribe or band of Native Americans, or an organization appointed by the tribal governing body.
- Deadline to Apply: 3 p.m. CST on Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022.
- Award Amounts: Grant awards range from $5,000 to $400,000 per grantee.
Learn more about the Wisconsin Fast Forward Program.