Franklin, WI – This week many students across Wisconsin as well as those in Uvalde, Texas are returning
to their classrooms. Students and parents hopeful for the new year are also concerned about school
safety due to the dramatic increase in school shootings across America. For this reason, Forward Latino
along with our Wisconsin affiliate Crusaders of Justicia and partners at the Milwaukee Inter-City
Congregations Allied for Hope (MICAH) and Mother’s Against Gun Violence announce the launch of our
“Vote For Gun Violence Prevention” campaign.
The campaign will include videos and images that will be promoted across Wisconsin and through the
November elections. These videos and images will remind voters:
- The U.S. is on a record pace for mass shootings
- The U.S. has seen a dramatic increase in school shootings in the last 10 years
- Firearms are now the number one cause of death of children in America
- 88% of all Americans agree on the need for universal background checks on all gun sales yet
this legislation continues blocked by special interests at the state and federal levels
- That commonsense gun violence prevention is on the ballot
The first video is called “A parent’s worst fear” ( https://youtu.be/M-22iRgtgQM ) and “El peor miedo de
un padre” ( https://youtu.be/AhxIBPfu5G0 ).