MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today signed 15 bills, including:
Senate Bill 219, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 141:
- Expands the availability of telephone or live audiovisual means in juvenile and criminal proceedings.
Senate Bill 252, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 142:
- Extends the ordinary termination date of Tax Incremental District (TID) Number 3 in the city of Wisconsin Dells to 2036 from the current 2025;
- Extends the expenditure period to 2031 from the current expiration date in 2020; and
- Modifies current law regarding annual reports of TID information by municipalities to the Department of Revenue.
Senate Bill 298, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 143:
- Provides additional flexibility for certain retail food establishments to allow dogs on the premises.
Senate Bill 358, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 144:
- Adds cooperative educational service agency employees to the list of employees who may request wage payments over 12 months for services performed during a school year.
Senate Bill 399, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 145:
- Eliminates the prohibition on the use of billboards to recruit Department of Corrections employees.
Senate Bill 416, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 146:
- Modifies current law pertaining to the quarterly reports made by the Department of Children and Families regarding sexual abuse of children in out-of-home care.
Senate Bill 417, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 147:
- Requires that the Department of Children and Families send the annual improvement report from a citizen review panel and the Department’s response to that report to the appropriate legislative standing committees.
Senate Bill 418, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 148:
- Requires the Department of Children and Families to add currently collected data to the annual Child Abuse and Neglect Report and that this information be reviewed at least annually by the appropriate legislative standing committees at a public hearing.
Senate Bill 518, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 149:
- Modifies current law pertaining to environmental remediation TIDs to include such cases where harmful substances would be released into the air, water, or ground by the redevelopment of existing structures.
Senate Bill 524, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 150:
- Expands current law to allow the adult child of a person whose birth parents had their parental rights terminated to request and receive their parent’s birth certificate and any identifying information on the birth grandparents, if the parent and birth grandparents are deceased.
Senate Bill 560, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 151:
- Creates a state property tax exemption for property owned by a regional planning commission prior to Oct. 1, 2021, except in situations where this property was later sold. In those cases, the exemption can be transferred to new property owned by a regional planning commission, if the total amount of all property owned by the commission is substantially similar to the amounts owned prior to Oct. 1, 2021.
Senate Bill 642, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 152:
- Amends requirements for commercial driver’s license issuance to comply with newly applicable federal regulations.
Senate Bill 724, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 153:
- Changes the Department of Corrections overtime report from a biennial report to an annual report.
Senate Bill 888, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 154:
- Modifies the registration periods of automobiles and light trucks so that the registration periods for these vehicles uniformly expire on the last day of the month in which the registration occurs; and
- Allows a person who has transferred a vehicle weighing 8,000 pounds or less to keep and use the registration plates on another vehicle weighing 8,000 pounds or less.
Assembly Bill 317, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 155:
- Modifies administrative rules to require an evaluation for the appropriateness of medication-assisted treatment as an option for drivers who are convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and found to have a dependency, suspected dependency, or dependency in remission.
An online version of this release is available here.