MADISON – Today the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce announced the five finalists competing in this year’s Pressure Chamber startup initiative, which returns to the Majestic Theatre on Aug. 16 during Forward Fest, Wisconsin’s largest technology and entrepreneurship festival.
At Pressure Chamber, emerging companies will pitch in front of national investors and a live audience. The winning company receives the coveted “golden suitcase,” representing a reserved spot in the Chamber’s exclusive Greater Madison startup meetings with top Silicon Valley investment firms this fall.
The 2022 Pressure Chamber finalists are:
- Benny (Madison) – A Techstars ’22 company that helps employees take full advantage of their Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs) by getting them the money they need to maximize their benefits.
- Fleet Cycles (Monona) – An electric cargo bike startup focused on decreasing vehicle and equipment emissions, reducing operating costs and increasing positive health outcomes for commercial customers.
- TRACE (Madison) – A first-to-market mobile application for the Transgender and Nonbinary community and its Allies to document transition and build community.
- Voximetry (Madison) – A healthtech company with software designed to increase tumor response and overall survival in prostate cancer patients receiving Radiopharmaceutical Therapy.
- Yips Yogurt Chips (Madison) – The first sweet and crunchy chips made from real probiotic Greek yogurt; no fridge required.
“Our largest number of Pressure Chamber applicants to date yielded five impressive companies that represent a bright future for Greater Madison’s startup ecosystem. The pandemic has changed a lot of things, but it has clearly not dulled our entrepreneurial spirit,” said Chamber President Zach Brandon. “We are excited to welcome such an exceptional group of companies to the region’s apex live pitch contest and ultimately help them connect with potential investors and customers.”
Past Pressure Chamber winners have credited the initiative for helping their company close successful funding rounds. Additionally, Pressure Chamber has been recognized by both the International Economic Development Council and Steve Case’s Rise of the Rest Summit as an entrepreneurship and economic development best practice. Collectively, participating Pressure Chamber companies have gone on to raise more than half a billion dollars from investors.
To register for Pressure Chamber, visit madisonbiz.com/pressure-chamber.
Pressure Chamber is presented by the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce and Michael Best & Friedrich, with support from the State of Wisconsin Investment Board, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation and UW–Madison Office of Business Engagement, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, American Family Ventures, Baird Capital, 4490 Ventures, HealthX Ventures, Rock River Capital Partners, and Reception Sponsor Fetch Rewards.