New Glarus— On May 9th a National Day of Action is planned to bring awareness to early care and education childcare and its foundational role in our communities and economic success. We’re bringing together educators, families, childcare program business owners, other business owners, and community members in New Glarus.
We will be joined by:
- Sam Rikkers, COO of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation;
- Shawn Phetteplace of the Main Street Alliance;
- Teresa Keehn of the Green County United Way
- Corrine Hendrickson of Corrine’s Little Explorers
- Brooke Skidmore of the Growing Tree
- Plus parents, business owners, and community members will also be sharing their thoughts on why we need to invest in child care.
Join us! Speakers will be available to answer questions after the program concludes as well. If you plan on attending please respond to this email to let us know.
We are kicking off at 8:30 A.M. at the New Glarus Village Park. You can read more about this day of action here.
We must take action to invest in child care. There’s too much at stake to not get this done.