WISCONSIN–November 9, 2022–Last night’s victory was made possible by the tens of thousands of voters who turned out because they believe a woman deserves the freedom to make her own health care decisions and that includes abortion. The people have spoken and it’s time to end Wisconsin’s criminal abortion ban. This historical moment where voters were driven by their desire to restore abortion access and women’s ability to make their own health care decisions was the largest campaign outreach effort executed by PPAWI in our history.
- Throughout the campaign PPAWI reached more than 1,250,000 voters online, at their doors, on their phones and in their living rooms.
- More specifically, we made over 180,000 phone calls, 140,000 door knocks, texted 133,000 people and had over 25,000 conversations with voters with the help of more than 500 Planned Parenthood activists.
- Our digital program reached more than 1 million people across the state and our ads were seen over 51 million times.
- We held 173 events engaging voters in the issues that mattered most in this election.
- PPAWI ran programs on 9 college campuses collecting over 15,000 pledge to vote cards and 750 students texting their friends to vote on election day reaching more than 2200 students.
Statement from Steven Webb, Executive Director, PPAWI
“Together we must continue to use our collective power to achieve change and secure a better future for ourselves, our families and our communities. These election results are a direct reflection of the hard work of our supporters and the fundamental understanding that abortion care is health care. Meaning PPWI can continue providing essential sexual and reproductive health care in communities across Wisconsin. To our supporters: THANK YOU! Your engagement and determination to rise up, protect your personal freedoms and have you voices heard made the difference in contributing to the election of 2022.”
PLANNED PARENTHOOD ADVOCATES OF WISCONSIN
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin is the advocacy arm of Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin. PPAWI engages in legislative and educational activity and works to elect candidates to office that support these goals.