Madison – State Representative Janel Brandtjen (R- Menomonee Falls), chair of the Assembly Committee on Campaigns and Elections, reacts to WEC Commissioner Dean Knudson’s resignation speech after he takes parting shots at President Trump, conservatives and the GOP.
“Wisconsin Election Commissioner Dean Knudson resigned yesterday citing lack of support from the GOP. He blamed conspiracy theories and misinformation about the 2020 election, but in reality, he simply didn’t do his job, which was to oversee the agency that Wisconsinites depend on for fair and honest elections.
Instead he allowed:
- Bloated voter rolls to continue.
- Madison’s Democracy in the Park.
- Over $8 million in Zuckerberg money for targeted ‘get out the vote’ efforts.
- Ballot trafficking and drop boxes.
- Illegal suspension of special voting deputies, knowingly.
- WEC lawsuits against Justice Gableman and myself instead of cooperating with the investigations.
Stripping our elections of the safety measures the legislature has put into statute is not what we expect from the Elections Commission; in fact, we expect the exact opposite.”