MARSHFIELD – Medicare beneficiaries living in Door County have six new Medicare Advantage plan options for 2022 from Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Inc. Security received approval in December from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to offer its Medicare Advantage plans in Door County.
Four of Security’s Medicare Advantage plans include Part D prescription drug coverage: Ascend Rx, Essence Rx, Esteem Rx and Spirit Rx. Two plans without drug coverage, Essence and Spirit, are good choices for beneficiaries who have separate drug coverage such as Wisconsin SeniorCare, TRICARE or Veterans Affairs.
All six Medicare Advantage plans feature money-saving benefits that go beyond what a Medicare beneficiary receives with Original Medicare alone. Some of these money-saving benefits include:
- Premiums as low as $0 including Part D drug coverage.
- Low costs for generic prescription drugs and significant cost savings on insulin.
- $0 copay for primary care office visits and the freedom to use any Medicare-certified provider in the U.S. for the same costs as an in-network provider.
- Preventive vision and hearing coverage plus generous stipends for eyeglasses and hearing aids.
- Preventive dental coverage and an optional comprehensive dental plan.
- $120 worth of over-the-counter health products every year.
- Free SilverSneakers® fitness membership.
- Award-winning customer service based right here in Wisconsin.
Security Health Plan’s Medicare Advantage plans are available in 56 Wisconsin counties to two groups of individuals:
- Those enrolling in a Medicare plan for the first time at age 65 or a younger age due to certain disabilities.
- Those 65 and older who qualify for a special enrollment period due to leaving an employee or retiree plan, losing prescription drug coverage, qualifying for both Medicare and Medicaid, and other reasons.
Two other Medicare plan choices offered statewide by Security Health Plan are its Secure Saver Medicare Medical Savings Account and Medicare Supplement plan.
To learn more about Security’s Medicare plans, visit www.securityhealth.org/