NEENAH, Wis. – For more than two years, ThedaCare has maintained heightened visitor restrictions across the health system to continue caring for our communities throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, while minimizing the potential for exposure to the virus.
Due to a decline of COVID-19 cases in our communities, ThedaCare is now in a position to allow additional visitor options throughout the system. Non-COVID patients will be permitted to have two essential visitors, with no age restrictions, at a time during normal visiting hours.
Screeners will continue to be present at all ThedaCare hospitals, checking patients, visitors and team members upon entrance. Masks will be required by all team members, patients and visitors in any public setting on ThedaCare campuses. This includes hallways, cafeterias, elevators, waiting rooms and all clinical areas. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
Restrictions remain in place at ThedaCare hospitals and clinics. Visitor restrictions and screening guidelines will continue to be assessed on a regular basis.
Additional restrictions include:
- No visitors for COVID-positive patients, except limited, approved, pre-arranged visitation for end of life. Those situations will be pre-arranged through care teams.
- Non-COVID patients may have two visitors at a time during normal visiting hours.
- Visitors must remain masked at all times, and stay in the patient’s room. If there are more than two visitors present, additional visitors will be asked to leave.
- Two parents/guardians are allowed to accompany a minor, or a patient with a medical need (intellectual and/or developmental disability, cognitive impairment or limited mobility).
- Adult patients who need care may enter with their children if childcare cannot be arranged. Children over the age of two must be masked at all times.
- All visitors to Cancer Care or Outpatient Infusion centers must be 12 years or older, unless an exception has been granted in advance of the appointment. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- ThedaCare long-term care facilities will continue to follow previously communicated visitor guidelines.
- Please do not visit, or accompany patients, if you are experiencing common COVID-19 symptoms, including: Fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, runny nose, etc. Call your primary care provider to direct you to appropriate care.
- Visitors who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or do not comply with masking guidelines, will be asked to leave.