MADISON – Wisconsin Conservation Voters is proud to announce its first wave of endorsements for the Feb. 15 local Primary.
“Our endorsed candidates share our values: clean water, clean air, accessible public lands, an equitable, safe democracy, and the pursuit of clean energy,” said Executive Director Kerry Schumann. “We’re proud to endorse this most recent slate of candidates who will fight for a brighter, cleaner, more equitable Wisconsin.”
Each of these endorsed candidates is thoroughly vetted by Wisconsin Conservation Voters’ staff, board, and the people who call these communities home.
Wisconsin Conservation Voters endorses the following candidates:
- Eric Olson, Portage County Executive
- Jim Hutchison, Green Bay Common Council District 2
- Noah Reif, Brown County Board of Supervisors District 4
- Tom Friberg, Brown County Board of Supervisors District 7
- Donald Mowry, Eau Claire County Board of Supervisors District 9
- Sharon Hampson, La Crosse County Board of Supervisors District 7
“More than any other elections, local races shape our neighborhoods and impact our daily lives,” said Seth Hoffmeister, Deputy Director. “They’ve become increasingly important in conservation and democracy work. Wisconsin Conservation Voters has demonstrated that local governments are on the frontlines of protecting our democracy and can take significant, tangible climate action – from addressing pollution to the transition to clean energy.”