MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the June board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, land items and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, at the State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 South Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda.
The public is encouraged to watch the May board meeting on the DNR’s YouTube channel.
The deadline to register for remote public appearance requests and to submit written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 15, 2022. There will be no in-person public appearances.
During the June meeting, several items the Board will be considering include:
- Approval of proposed rules to revise chapters NR 500, 502 and 520 and create chapter NR 530 for the purpose of implementing electronics recycling program requirements
- Statement of Scope for Board Order WA-13-21 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 500, 502, 542, and 544 related to statewide materials recycling and effective recycling programs
- Statement of Scope for Board Order DG-02-22 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules creating chapter NR 854 related to statewide water supply service area planning for municipalities serving populations greater than 10,000 people
- Statement of Scope for Board Order DG-03-22 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules creating chapter NR 851 for the management of diversions (transfers of water from the Great Lakes basin to outside of the Great Lakes basin) and intrabasin transfers including the application and review process and other related criteria
- Approval of the 2022-2032 Greater Prairie-Chicken Management Plan
- Approval of antlerless deer harvest quotas, antlerless permit levels and a deer hunting season framework for 2022
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.