In the states this week, local news featured President Biden kicking off his administration’s “Investing in America” tour in North Carolina, which over the next few weeks will highlight how the president’s economic policies are benefiting hard-working Americans across the country and reinforce what’s at stake if MAGA Republicans in Congress get their way, repeal the Inflation Reduction Act and slash funding for manufacturing, research, and innovation.
Here’s what they’re saying about President Biden’s visit to the Tar Heel State:
- Spectrum Local News: Biden puts clean energy, manufacturing in the spotlight in North Carolina
- Charlotte Observer: Biden sells Americans on economic agenda, pleads for gun reform during Triangle visit
- ABC 11: President Biden speaks at Wolfspeed in Durham for Invest in America nationwide tour
The Biden-Harris administration and Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act is continuing to deliver historic investments to working families. Here is just some of the recent coverage on Democrats’ investments across the country:
- In Wisconsin: Up North News: Medicare Recipients in Wisconsin Can Get the Shingles Vaccine for Free Because of President Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act
- In Arizona: AZ Central: Korean battery giant LG announces huge expansion of plans for battery factory in Queen Creek
- In Georgia: Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Solar parts supplier for Qcells building $147M plant in Cartersville
- In Nevada: KUNR: Wildfire projects in Mountain West receive new federal funds
While President Biden and Democrats remain focused on delivering for the American people, Republicans around the country continue to prioritize their extreme MAGA agenda. In the wake of the tragic school shooting in Nashville, Florida Republicans sent a permitless carry bill to Ron DeSantis’ desk on Thursday at his urging. This legislation could make it easier for criminals to carry guns, and DeSantis has gone even further by expressing support for open carry legislation.
- WAFF: Florida Senate OKs bill to carry concealed guns without a permit
- Click Orlando: Florida Senate rejects safe gun storage amendment in permitless carry bill
- WFLA: Florida’s gun laws set to ease despite concerns in the wake of Nashville school shooting
- Florida Phoenix: FL Legislature approves permitless gun bill; no license, no training course required
- Florida Politics: Ron DeSantis says he could call open carry Special Session ‘if I can get the votes’
DeSantis also held a book tour event at a gun store in Georgia just days after the horrific school shooting in Nashville, prompting backlash for his attempt to boost his national profile and win over the MAGA base by standing with the gun lobby over children’s lives.
- ABC News: ‘Beyond the pale’: Dems go after DeSantis for visiting gun store after Nashville shooting
- NBC News: DeSantis visits Georgia gun store days after Nashville shooting
- USA Today: Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis’ book tour stops at Georgia gun store days after Nashville mass shooting
And across the country, Republicans continue to press forward with their efforts to ban abortion:
- In Florida: Fox 13: Florida Senate ready to take up 6-week abortion limit
- In Idaho: Idaho Capital Sun: Idaho bans nearly all abortions — and just declined to expand postpartum Medicaid coverage
- In North Carolina: ABC 11: ‘Human Life Protection Act’: NC House bill would further limit abortion