Madison, WI – Rep. Cindi Duchow (R-Delafield) was proud to join her Legislative colleagues and vote yes on legislation to provide additional funding to local municipalities.
“After listening to constituents, local officials, and months of negotiations with the Senate and Governor, the State of Wisconsin is making historic investments in local government,” said Rep. Duchow. “The shared revenue portion wisely shifts existing sales tax revenue back to local government, and does not result in any additional burden on taxpayers.”
Each municipality will see at least a 15% increase in shared revenue. For portions of the 99th Assembly District, this means:
· The Town of Delafield will receive $304,189 in total aid – a 224.2% increase
· The Village of Hartland will receive $475,157 in total aid – a 111.8% increase
· The Village of Lac La Belle will receive $39,303 in total aid – a 771.1% increase
· The Village of Nashotah will receive $62,312 in total aid – a 513.7% increase
· The Village of Wales will receive $113,795 in total aid – a 226.6% increase
· The City of Delafield will receive $280,345 in total aid – a 204.7% increase
“Public safety will continue to be a top priority. These funds will be utilized to support our law enforcement, dispatch, fire, and EMS services so they have sufficient resources to keep our communities safe. A portion of these funds will also be allocated for public works and transportation. Additionally, there will also be a financial incentive for municipalities to continue to strive for efficiency by consolidating and saving costs.”
This legislation, Assembly Bill 245, now goes to the Senate for consideration.