Deputy Executive Jeff Flynt
(Brown County, Wis.) – Brown County Executive Troy Streckenbach is currently planning to attend two events on Saturday, November 11, in honor of Veterans Day Observation. Those events will be:
· VFW Veterans Day Breakfast at VFW (Duck Creek Pub) – 754 Riverview Drive in Howard at 8:00 a.m.
· United Patriotic Society’s Veterans Day Ceremony at the Brown County Memorial Arena at 9:30 a.m.
“It’s truly important that we value the commitment our veterans make when they make a selfless decision to protect our freedom,” says Streckenbach. “So on this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much.”
We appreciate the community coming together to honor our veterans with community events and discounts from businesses in Brown County. You can find a list of year-long discounts at www.honorrewards.com.
· Veterans Day at the Brown County Rifle Range from 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Friday, November 10 at the Brown County Reforestation Camp Rifle Range, 2227 Brown Road, Suamico.
· Vietnam Veterans Chapter 224 Veterans Vigil behind the museum, at the memorial, Saturday, November 11, Sunrise to Sunset.
· 4th HOOAH Wisconsin is having a 22 and 2.2 Mile Veterans Suicide Awareness Rucksack March Saturday, November 11, starting at 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. at The Stadium View Banquet Hall & Conference Center
· Veterans Day Commemoration, Green Bay Yachting Club – 100 Bay Beach Rd – Green Bay Saturday, November 11, at 10 a.m. Veterans/Military registration; 11 a.m. ceremony than a free light lunch.
· Pearly Gates Veterans Lunch at Pearly Gates Bar and Grill – Finger Rd – Green Bay Saturday, November 11, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. free food, beer and soda. No Football Sunday Nov 12th, they will be showing MASH and military movies starting at 9 a.m.