Kaul for Attorney General Launches New Video: Families
- My mom was an elected official and a prosecutor.
- My mom’s parents were both public school teachers in Fond du Lac.
- My step-dad, Bill was a police officer in Neenah.
- I think growing up in Wisconsin really shaped my values, and who I am as a person. At a fundamental level, I want my family and families across the state to live in a Wisconsin that’s safer and stronger.
- My wife, Lindsey and I met in college. We have two boys, Simon and Henry.
- Our Attorney General needs to fight to protect all families in Wisconsin, the same way I would work to protect my own family.
- There is so much that an effective attorney general can do. We have an opioid epidemic that continues to get worse. Last year we had nearly 900 opioid related overdose deaths. And we’re not going to beat that epidemic until we start responding to it like the crisis it is.
- My opponent has wasted state tax dollars on a lot of things. In his first two years in office, only nine of the kits in the backlog of untested rape kits had been tested, and he spent about $10,000 of taxpayer money on fake, gold-plated coins that have his name on them.
- It means that survivors who’ve had the courage to come forward have had justice delayed and that people who’ve committed a serious, violent offense have remained on the streets longer than they should have.
- I think we need an AG who understands that eliminating that backlog should have been a priority from day one.
CONGRESSWOMAN GWEN MOORE:
- Attorney General, they’re the people who protect consumers. They’re the people who protect your voting rights. They’re the people who stand up to the bullies.
- I’m Josh Kaul. I’m the Democratic nominee for attorney general. I want to stand up for families across the state.
Josh Kaul served as a federal prosecutor in Baltimore, one of America’s most violent cities. There, Kaul prosecuted murderers, gang members, and drug traffickers, taking dangerous criminals off the street and making communities more secure. He grew up in Oshkosh and Fond du Lac in a family of law enforcement professionals and teachers. He is running for Attorney General in 2018.
For more information, please visit: www.joshkaul.org