MADISON, Wis. — Yesterday, Ron Johnson spent his time in D.C. holding an event designed to discourage Wisconsinites and Americans everywhere from getting vaccinated. Johnson has spent the duration of the pandemic spreading disinformation, promoting dangerous alternative treatments, and endangering people’s lives.
“Instead of working on behalf of Wisconsinites, Ron Johnson is wasting his time in D.C. spreading COVID disinformation that prolongs the pandemic, hurts the economy, and prevents Wisconsin from returning to normal,” Democratic Party of Wisconsin Senate Communications Advisor Philip Shulman said.
Johnson has been lying about the COVID vaccine and the impact the pandemic has had on Wisconsinites:
- Johnson has continuously lied, saying that there is not an approved vaccine.
- Johnson pushed fringe and unscientific COVID-19 treatments, spread anti-vaccine misinformation, including questioning why the general public should be vaccinated, and boasts about not getting the vaccine, all of which goes directly against the medical community’s guidance.
- Johnson has used unscientific and unsubstantiated reports to lie about side effects and deaths related to COVID-19 vaccines.
- Johnson dismissed hospitals being overrun with COVID patients, stating this wasn’t a “crisis.”
- Johnson claimed hospitals were lying about being overwhelmed with COVID patients and that it was just a “bad flu season.”
But here’s the truth:
Associated Press: “Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated.”
CDC: “Get vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19.”
Wisconsin PBS: State health officials reported in September that “the COVID-related hospitalization rate among people who were not fully vaccinated was 8.5 times higher in August than among fully vaccinated people.”